Possibly the easiest scones ever and they rise beautifully. Terrific served with soup and good for breakfast, tea party.
|300 g Bread Flour||300 g Pastry Flour||12 g Salt||30 g Sugar||36 g Baking Powder|
|210 g Shortening or Butter||390 g Milk||180 g Grated Cheddar Cheese|
- Scale all the ingredients accurately.
- Place rack above the center of oven. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together baking flour, pastry flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add Cheddar cheese and milk, mixing with the fork until ragged moist dough forms. Drop by 1/4 (50 mL) cupfuls, 1-1/2 inches (4 cm) apart, onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in center of 425°F (220°C) oven until lightly browned, 13 to 15 minutes.