A Lebanese / Middle Eastern of grilled or even barbecued pita bread filled with lamb meat, onions, tomatoes, and spices – nothing fancy right? But it is so scrumptious and makes a fast and effortless dinner or even perfect for a quick weeknight meal that everyone will love.
- 2 large white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 small bunch fresh parsley
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 small tomato, diced finely
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 pieces pita (whole wheat or regular), cut into quarters
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
Place meat, tomatoes (with their juice unless you use thin pita bread), onion, parsley, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, garam masala, and salt into a medium bowl. Mix all ingredients very well.
Spread 2 to 3 tablespoon of the mixture into each pita loaf (right before baking to get crispy Arayes). Grease both sides of each loaf with about 1 to 2 tablespoon of olive oil. And then cut it into quarters.
Arrange Arayes in the oven tray and bake them in a preheated oven on a low temperature (160c) until they become slightly brown or golden. Flip them to the other side for more crispness. Serve hot with fresh Greek yogurt and green olives.